D2LT is an award-winning global legal data and consulting firm, operating at the intersection of FinTech & LegalTech. Founded in 2011, we have grown to an established and market-leading firm in a privileged position of advising leading investment banks, asset managers and other financial institutions on the management of legal data to support resource optimization (across for example, capital, liquidity & collateral), regulatory reporting & operational management. We lead the document digitization strategy for trade associations such as ISDA & ISLA, through work such as their clause taxonomy and library projects.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced capital markets / insolvency lawyer to join our Legal Opinion Practice Group. This group works with our clients in respect of both legal analysis, process and systems in respect of close-out netting, collateral enforceability – as well as capacity and broader diligence legal opinions. Additionally, D2LT is currently undertaking academic research and industry research into smart legal opinions, seeking to digitize the manner in which formal legal advice in this area is provided and consumed / acted upon by recipients.
Across different client and internal projects, the successful candidate will:
- Assist with the review and creation of summaries of the various legal opinions
- Review and advise on underlying master netting agreements for derivatives and SFT and rules of exchanges and clearing houses in light of regulatory capital requirements
- Coordinate with various stakeholders in respect of client policies in relation to regulatory capital and netting
- Promote awareness of applicable regulatory and accounting capital and liquidity requirements related to Basel standards / resolution and recovery planning
- Provide strategic direction on D2LT’s vision for Smart Legal Opinions
The successful candidate will need strong capital markets experience , and preferably specific close-out netting analysis experience. Key requirements of the role are a strong work ethic and desire to succeed attitude, coupled with a desire to be involved with the strategic legal opinion initiatives at D2LT.