In today’s regulatory environment the use of technology to manage legal documentation is essential. The financial crisis of 2008 has highlighted the inadequacy of traditional documentation systems to adequately capture the risks embedded within contracts. These concerns remain valid in the light of the COVID-19 crisis this year. Frequently, however, banks have lacked the internal skillset needed to deliver legal-data infrastructure to the satisfaction of regulators and internal departments.
D2 Legal Technology was formed in November 2011 to meet this specialist skills-gap. The firm consists of a team of experts with an understanding of the law and the way in which in-house legal teams operate, alongside practical reference-data and technology expertise.
We have grown rapidly over the last nine years, due to industry and client demand, to a firm of nearly one hundred consultants across EMEA, North America, and APAC. Along this journey, we have numerous prestigious awards for our work, including 1st place for “Legal Data, Knowledge and Intelligence” in the 2017 FT Innovative Lawyers Awards, as well as an “Outstanding” rating for Collaboration. Similarly, D2LT won FT awards last year (2019) for its role working with ISDA to develop the ISDA Clause Taxonomy.
D2LT has been expanding its activities in APAC and is currently looking to expand our team by hiring a Senior Lawyer in Hong Kong.
This is a core strategic role reporting into the Management team and as such, we are looking for a candidate that will have excellent experience and the desire to embrace the challenges facing our industry and relish the opportunity to build out our business in HK.
The successful candidate should have the following skills :
- In-depth knowledge of derivatives, structured finance products, and the associated documentation including ISDA Master agreements, CSA’s, Prime brokerage Agreements, Stock lending, Repo and CCP agreements:
- Sound regulatory knowledge and perspectives on developments in the Capital Markets arena – experience conducting regulatory due diligence in respect of compliance with key regulations/deliverables eg UMR/EMIR/IBOR transition:
- Engagement with Industry bodies and awareness of the Legal tech agenda:
- Successful candidates should come from an in-house tier 1 investment bank background, or from a Magic circle / Silver Circle Law firm:
- Have had an experience of leading, mentoring, training of more junior staff:
- Enjoy business development and reaching out to clients in the region.
Does this sound of interest to you? If so, please apply using the link and we can organize a call to discuss the role in more detail.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Services
- Legal Services
To be discussed.
- Legal/Strategic/Business Development
Diversity – D2LT fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that is free from bias, where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution.